Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Thing #23

Summarize Your Thoughts about Library2Play: I finally made it! Whew! Here are my thoughts about this technology program:

What were your favorite discoveries or exercises on this learning journey?
One of my favorite discoveries was Big Huge Labs. I loved using the different features such as creating different posters and making trading cards. I also enjoyed exploring Flickr and the different Google applications. Most importantly, I learned how easy it is to create and maintain my own blog!

How has this program assisted or affected your lifelong learning goals?
At the beginning of this semester, I felt very overwhelmed about using new technology. I kept asking myself, "What am I getting myself in to?" Now I feel more confident about myself after exploring these new Web 2.0 tools as I continue to learn more about the everchanging world of technology.

Were there any take-a-ways or unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you?
I was really surprised that my school district has so many of these Web 2.0 tools blocked by its firewall. There are so many computer applications that our students can use to enhance their learning in the classrooms. This needs to change so that our students can be fully prepared to be successful in the future.

What could we do differently to improve upon this program’s format or concept?
I believed this technology program's format is well organized. The scaffolding of the computer lessons and the information provided to help us learn these new tools were planned very well. I would not suggest making any changes to this program.

If we offered another discovery program like this in the future, would you choose to participate?
I believe I would be interested in participating in another discovery program in technology in the future. I want to continue being a lifelong learner, and I want to continue exploring and using new Web 2.0 tools!

How would you describe your learning experience in ONE WORD or in ONE SENTENCE, so we could use your words to promote 23 Things learning activities?
I would like to use a metaphor to describe this learning experience. "23 Things" is a rollercoaster. It has its ups and downs, but it was a fun ride!

1 comment:

  1. I hope your enthusiasm for and your understanding of the importance of these technology things will make you prepared to help advocate for the need to have them opened for use by your students. Good luck...the result will be worth the effort!

    ReplyDelete