Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Thing #22

Nings: Ning is a social networking tool similar to Facebook and MySpace. I explored the Ning group communities that were posted on Library2Play, and I noticed that one can customize the page layouts, which is not an option available on Facebook. I can see the advantages of this Web 2.0 application as another online resource for teachers and librarians to use to seek advice and offer suggestions for book reviews, classroom management, lesson plans, and professional development.
Honestly, I wasn't that impressed with Ning. I found some of the page layouts too cluttered or "busy", which is one of my pet peeves. I was also surprised to find only 319 members in the Texas School Librarians group network, considering that TLA holds the second largest annual library convention! I think I'll keep my Facebook account.

No comments:

Post a Comment