Saturday, April 17, 2010

Thing #18

Online Productivity Tools: I explored Google Docs and I can clearly see the benefits of using this application. One can share their documents, spreadsheets, and presentations with others without adding attachments to email and clogging up their inboxes. Another advantage is editing the work simultaneously wtih others. You do not have to wait for people to send you their contributions and then adding them to one "clean" document. One can also access Google docs from any computer; you do not have to worry about saving them onto a flashdrive when using multiple computers. The only disadvantage I could see using Google docs is that a person needs to have a Google account in order to access this application, but anyone can register for a free account. I will definitely keep this application in mind when I work on another collaboration project with my co-workers and graduate school classmates!

No comments:

Post a Comment